‘The Donald’ places 1st in a North Carolina poll with a 55% favourable rating? Greece faces a Sunday deadline or will be kicked out of the EU. The Tory budget is filled with magician’s misdirection on ‘Living Wage’ as the New ‘Minimum Wage’ well below a living wage and South Carolina ditches the racist confederate flag in a contentious 1 am vote.
Join Denis Campbell, editor of UK Progressive magazine, Phil Parry former BBC anchor and editor of WalesPolitico.uk and Falmouth University’s Dr. Dario Llinares (DarioLlinares.com) in this weekly discussion of global politics and media.
Download and rate us from iTunes!
Android devices find us on Google Play’s Podcast Nation App!
Three journalists and critics of today’s too cosy fawning media discuss the public relations SPIN today that masquerades as mainstream media news coverage.
This week Phil, Denis and guest muckraker Rick Spisak discuss:
- Will Greece be thrown out of the Euro?
- The debate yesterday and Sunday ultimatum…
China facing huge equities trouble
- Stock market cratered despite Beijing’s attempts to stabilise
- World’s 2nd largest economy slowing down
- Living wage shocker but is it really or just a new minimum in tory sleight of hand?
- Code word economic racism… working people
Swansea management school excess
- £70k event in The Shard at £50 per person.
- Nigel Piercy anti-union views: ‘little people with grubby fingernails and bad haircuts’
Coal Mines in the US and Wales
- Rick Spisak interview
- What the death of coal means what to the region
The Confederate flag fight in South Carolina
- 1 am this morning the symbol of hate was voted on
- Crazy RW rump Republican added 65 amendments
- PPP poll puts Trump in 1st place in NC
The Donald and Mexican
- GOP has not distanced themselves from him
- Party silent, Cruz admires his courage, Santorum agrees, others condemn
- Ten will make it to FOX debate stage
- Need to go really crazy to make noise and get on the stage
- Trumps still bleeding out
- Doubles down: Now ‘diseased Mexicans are crossing border’
- Walker has an Iowa only strategy… declares Monday
- Another 7-9K in Maine the other night
- Pundits say Bernie-mentum cannot last
- Alan Grayson running in Florida?
E-mail us: email@example.com London +44 (0)20 8144 8054 and Washington DC +1 (202) 697 9977 listener phone lines.
Follow @ThreeMuckrakers on Twitter and ‘Like’ us on Facebook
Denis Campbell on Twitter @UKProgressive
Phil Parry on Twitter @WalesEye
Dr. Dario Llinares on Twitter @DarioDoubleL
Our guest muckraker Rick Spisak on Twitter @RWSpisak