More than 15 million people watched Hillary, Bernie, Martin and two other guys have a real, substantive Democratic debate. UK Labour’s new leader is providing moment to moment thrills and chills as 20 of his MPs defied him and voted with the Tories on their balanced budget initiative. TheEye-Investigates breaks an elder abuse story in the NHS being covered up and the US Government careens toward disaster as 20 GOP Tea Party Speaker of the House wannabees line up to make an already ridiculous situation look even worse by the minute.
Join Denis Campbell, editor of UK Progressive magazine, Phil Parry former BBC anchor and editor of TheEye-Investigates.uk and Dr. Dario Llinares of Brighton University.
Download and rate us from iTunes!
Android devices find us on Google Play’s Podcast Nation App!
Three journalists and critics of today’s too cosy fawning media discuss the public relations SPIN today that masquerades as mainstream media news coverage.
This week Phil and Denis discuss:
Our favourite news stories this week.
The Labour Car Crash continues
- Rank and file Labour love him, establishment hates him
- Now that Conference season is over?
- Deeply split Labour Party
Osbourne’s fiscal charter
- Passing a US styled Balanced Budget amendment
- Corbyn again incoherent
- 21 Labour MP’s defy Whip, support Tories
Tories greenlighted Kent Grammar School
- Nicky Morgan was against selective education
- Now the MOST selective form of education?
- The haves get yet more
- Tories campaigned against education disadvantage
EU exit campaign hotting up
- Cameron’s dangerous gambit
- Yes campaign headed by M&S Chairman Stuart Rose
- Attacks by the ‘pull us out’
- Lead argument for staying in, the uncertainty
- Enough worry by the Ukipers about Sovereignty
Ebola nurse in critical condition
- Scary new information about the disease
- Can lay dormant in sperm for nine months
- Complications can be deadly later
Night Tube Service – more strikes coming?
- Union want a four day work week
- Management wants current bid to go to membership
- No Tube night service for holidays
Online attackers steal £20m from UK bank accounts
- Malware called Dridex
- Syria and Russia
- Military proving ground
- New rebuilt Russian army under Putin
- IS oil empire – forces enemies to do business
Labour sacks Jenny Rathbone
- Attacks unhealthy culture at top of Welsh Govt.
- One woman has been campaigning to know the truth about the death of her father at the Brecon hospital. Faced innumerable obstacles.
- Meanwhile I have secured details – through a whistleblower – of an alleged assault of an elderly patient. The police are investigating.
Hillary crushes in the debate
- Hillary and Bernie kill (tape)
- Real winner? Progressivism (Democratic Party)
- No insults on dress and looks
- Substantive issues
- 15 million(!)
- Grown up debate v sideshow
Bernie’s supporters cry foul
- Hillary declared winner
- Focus group on CNN 81% say Bernie won
- Media coverage biased?
GOP House Speaker’s race now has 20 wannabees
- Ryan is the consensus leader but wants to be President
- 1st term tea Partier threw hat in the race…
- A bunch of unknowns two heartbeats away from POTUS
- Worse than Palin
Dark Horse rising: Ben Carson nearly even with Trump
- Wrong on guns and holocaust
- Babbling and incoherent
Cubbies loveable losers have clinched a series at home
- 108 years of frustration, could it come to an end?
- The man who built this team? Theo Epstein
- Architect of the 2004 and 2007 Boston Red Sox who ended an 86 year drought.
E-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org Our listener voicemail lines are: in London +44 (0)20 8144 8054 and in Washington DC +1 (202) 697 9977.
Denis Campbell on Twitter @UKProgressive
Phil Parry on Twitter @WalesEye
Dr. Dario Llinares on Twitter @DarioDoubleL