New York City chokehold killer cop walks free as yet another Grand Jury refuses to indict a police officer despite video evidence. P, protests grip NY and the rest of the US in the wake non-indictments in Ferguson and NYC. Are politicians just Mean Girls (and Boys) in disguise? And Professor @Sarah Churchwell is interviewed by Dario. They discuss UK vs US politics.
Welcome to the SPIN-free politics zone. Every week we discuss and debate the confluence of global politics and media. Hosted by Denis Campbell, editor of UK Progressive magazine, Phil Parry former BBC anchor and editor of WalesPolitico.co.uk and Falmouth University’s Dr. Dario Llinares (DarioLlinares.com).
Download and rate us from iTunes!
For those with Android phones search for us on the Podcast Nation App!
It’s unfiltered and uncensored, a chance for you to be a ‘fly on the wall’ listening in to a conversation between three journalists and critics of today’s ever too cosy media and public relations convergence masquerading as mainstream media news coverage. We push tough issues and ask tough questions that you want to see answered.
This week Denis, Dario and Phil discuss:
- The Eric Garner chokehold killer cop’s non-indictment, the second in as many weeks in a broken US local grand jury system.
- We look at demonstrations and die-ins in across the USA as protestors are fed up with Ferguson and New York City thug police.
- Whether or not politicians are becoming mean girls and boys? We discuss how they never answer ANY question and are positively sophomoric in their treatment of one another on air and on the floor of The House of Commons and what can be done.
- Professor @SarahChurchwell in interviewed by Dario on the UK Election system and the polarisation of the US electorate.
- We discuss the Ferguson non-indictment, racism in America and the militarised police force over-reaction when 37 other states have (mostly) peaceful demonstrations.
- Listener e-mails from The UK and USA on the Texas near execution of a mentally ill man and what can UK voters expect for television adverts over the next five months of the UK General Election campaign.
- And much, much more on The Three Muckrakers!
You can e-mail the show via email@example.com and we have a London and Washington DC show telephone line where one can leave us a message which might be broadcast on air and discussed by the team. You can reach us by phone on +1 (202) 697 9977 and in the UK and Europe +44 (0)20 8144 8054.
You can follow: