PM Cameron’s ‘weak sauce’ response to the Syrian refugee crisis is taking 4K per year while the need/our proportional share is closer to 550K NOW! Are we also banging the Syrian War drum? Her Majesty became the longest reigning monarch in British history. The Iran treaty deal has the votes in Congress yet Republican lunacy ran up and down the Capitol steps and the antigay Kentucky clerk Kim Davis is paroled from prison as politicians battle to stand next to her on the jailhouse steps.
Join Denis Campbell, editor of UK Progressive magazine, Phil Parry former BBC anchor and editor of WalesPolitico.uk and Dr. Dario Llinares of Brighton University.
Download and rate us from iTunes!
Android devices find us on Google Play’s Podcast Nation App!
Three journalists and critics of today’s too cosy fawning media discuss the public relations SPIN today that masquerades as mainstream media news coverage.
This week Dario, Phil and Denis discuss:
- ‘Let’s make a deal’ diplomacy
- Starting bid is 20K / proportional need based on Germany’s pledge? 552K
- UK whacked by Juncker in the EU
- Where are the Gulf States?
- False equivalency arguments / conflates economic immigrants w refugee crisis
- Media only shows scofflaws
Bang the war drum slowly?
- Does Cameron want a war in Syria
- Says only hard military force will tackle ISIS and Assad
- Only a wider peace will can draw ISIS poison
- Drone strike as Britain hits one of its own
Tribute to BA pilot Chris Henkey
- 777 pilot saved hundreds on taxiing aircraft in Las Vegas with an engine fire
The ‘University Whisperer’ Phil Parry
- Now the whispering post of all Welsh Uni’s
- Aberystwyth crisis
Queen Elizabeth’s reign by the numbers
- Crowned in 1952, 63 years 216 days yesterday as Queen
Iran deal has the votes
- 42 US Senators will support Obama
- Big rally yesterday in DC with Palin, Cruz, Trump and others…
- Yet another racist theme/meme
Kentucky court clerk refuses to issue gay marriage licence
- Spent weekend in prison
- Released but will go back to jail if blocks gay marriages
- Martyr/Heroine of the RW
Hillary email server
- There is no there there.
- Or end of her campaign?
- Or is there?
- Bernie doing well in early states
- Hillary has Southern firewall
Stephen Colbert’s first show
- Not on air in UK, had to watch an illegal copy
- Clooney and Jeb!
- Solid double down the middle, did not live up to hype
- Renovated Ed Sullivan Theatre and went for BIG
Dario on a Black James Bond
- Horowitz calling Elba ‘too street’
Welcome back viewer e-mail
E-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org Our listener voicemail lines are: in London +44 (0)20 8144 8054 and in Washington DC +1 (202) 697 9977.